Welcome to The Editor's Desk
“What is The Editor's Desk?”
We're glad you asked. Each business day, The Editor's Desk:
- brings fresh information from all over the Bureau of Labor Statistics right to your computer screen or smartphone
- highlights intriguing BLS data that you might otherwise have missed
- focuses on one or two specific points of a report rather than presenting a general summary
- provides links to further analysis at the bottom of each story
- gives you a way to send us your feedback about The Editor's Desk.
We think that if you give The Editor's Desk a few minutes a day, within a week you'll sound pretty clever about economics, within a month you will be extremely well-informed about the economy, and within a year you will be broadly educated in economic statistics and labor economics.
To find out more about The Editor's Desk, take a look at "Happy 10th Birthday, TED!"
Please Contact TED to let us know how we're doing or to comment on content. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Editor's Desk Staff
Editor-in-chief: Michael D. Levi
Managing Editor: Jay Meisenheimer
Executive producer: Douglas Himes
Contributing editors: Lawrence H. Leith, Jay McDaniel, Ann Norris, Demetrio Scopelliti, James Titkemeyer
TED Web Design Team Members (Past and Present): Richard M. Devens, Kate Donohue, Michael Horton, Mary Jablonski, Emily Liddel, Charles J. Muhl, Daniel Murphy, William Parks II, James Power, Catharine Stewart and Jo-Ann Yu