Frequently Asked Questions
Copies of research papers can be obtained by contacting the author directly or by visiting the following website: http://www.bls.gov/osmr/osmr.htm
Research fellowships in the Office of Survey Methods Research at BLS are available through the American Statistical Association and the National Science Foundation. Visit the following website for more information: http://www.bls.gov/osmr/#research
Some OSMR researchers have posted brief descriptions of "challenging research issues." In addition, you are encouraged to review the research interests of current staff and to contact individual researchers directly. Visit the following website to review research interests and for contact information: http://www.bls.gov/osmr/contact.htm
The research laboratory is located in the Postal Square Building, which also houses the national offices of BLS. The address of the Postal Square Building is: 2 Massachusetts Ave, NE, Washington, DC 20212.
The Postal Square Building is located directly across the street (1st Street NE) from Union Station, which is on the Red Line of the Metro system. Parking is also available at Union Station.
To reach OSMR and the research laboratory, which is in Suite 5675, follow the directions below:
- Bring a valid picture ID with you.
- Enter BLS using the Visitors' Entrance on 1st Street, just across the street from Union Station. If you are coming from the Metro, exit the platform on the side of the elevator. After you go out the turnstiles, stay to the left, and the entrance to BLS will be right across the street.
- To get to the research laboratory after you have gotten through security:
- Go straight ahead, past the escalator, to the bank of elevators.
- Take the elevator up to the fifth floor.
- Walk towards the large map of the fifth floor in the 5600 hallway. Turn right.
- Enter room 5675 on the left.
- Have a seat in the waiting area, and a researcher will be with you shortly.
Last Modified Date: December 8, 2016