Aggregate Economy Projections and Historical Data
BLS develops aggregate economic projections as a key input for its employment projections. This page contains the most recently released macroeconomic model solution.
The methodology used to project the aggregate economy is described in detail on the Employment Projections program's methodology page and in the BLS Handbook of Methods.
All aggregate economy tables in a single file (XLSX)
Most Recent Analysis
Overview articles from the Monthly Labor Review dating from 2005 to the present can be found on the Projections Overviews page.
Other Aggregate Economy Analysis
Data for Researchers
Historical time-series for critical aggregate variables, 2016–2022 and projected 2032 (XLSX)
The file contains the following tables:
- Labor supply and factors affecting productivity
- Real gross domestic product--demand categories
- Nominal gross domestic product--demand categories
- Major assumptions affecting aggregate projections
- Via e-mail.
- Via telephone at 202-691-5700.
- Via mail to: Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics, Suite 2135, 2 Massachusetts Avenue, NE, Washington DC 20212-0001.
Last Modified Date: September 6, 2023