Leo Sveikauskas, Ph.D.
Bureau of Labor Statistics,
Division of Productivity Research and Program Development
|Fields of Interest
||Research and development; technical change; productivity growth; urban and regional economics; international trade; competitiveness in international trade.
Harvard College, BA (Economics)
Yale University, Ph D (Economics)
Research Economist, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1971-present
Visiting assistant professor, Michigan State University, 1970-71
Visiting associate professor, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1983-84
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- “Measuring Productivity Growth in Construction”, (with Sam Rowe, James Mildenberger, Jennifer Price, and Arthur Young). Monthly Labor Review, January 2018.
- “Productivity Growth in Construction”, (with Sam Rowe, James Mildenberger, Jennifer Price, and Arthur Young). Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0001138, 2016.
- “Judging Factor Abundance”, (with Harry Bowen). Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 106 (May 1992), 599-620.
- The Impact of Research and Development on Productivity Growth, Bulletin 2331, U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., September 1989.
- “Urban Productivity: City Size or Industry Size?”, (with John Gowdy and Michael Funk). Journal of Regional Science, Vol. 28, May 1988, pp.185-202.
- “Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory”, (with Harry Bowen and Edward Leamer), American Economic Review, Vol. 77, December 1987, pp.791-809.
- “Science and Technology in United States Foreign Trade”, Economic Journal, Vol. 93, September 1983, pp.542-555.
- “Technological Inputs and Multifactor Productivity Growth", Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 63, May 1981, pp.275-282.
- “The Productivity of Cities”, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol. 89, August 1975, pp.393-413.
- “Bias in Cross-Section Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution”, International Economic Review, Vol. 15, June 1974, pp.522-528.
- “R&D and Productivity Growth: A Review of the Literature”.
More publications by Leo Sveikauskas »
Last Modified Date: January 17, 2018