Notice regarding South Carolina employment and wages data. More Info »
The Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) program publishes a quarterly count of employment and wages reported by employers covering more than 95 percent of U.S. jobs, available at the county, MSA, state and national levels by industry.
BLS updated the full Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) database
through the second quarter of 2018. Links to updated databases, files, and tables
can be found at www.bls.gov/web/cewdat.supp.toc.htm.
From second quarter 2017 to second quarter 2018, Marin, CA, had the largest county percentage
increase in average weekly wages at 11.7 percent. Midland, TX, had the largest county over-the-year
percentage increase in employment in June 2018 at 11.6 percent.
Discontinued Annual Releases
Archived News Releases
Database Tool Availability
Discontinued Data Series
- Create Customized Tables (one screen)
- Create Customized Tables (multiple screens)
Downloadable Data Files
- Open Data Access
- Overview -Learn more about the collection of CSV files designed to allow third party programmers, developers, and organizations to retrieve published QCEW data in CSV format.
- Data Slices: Structure and Storage -Learn more about the storage and structure of QCEW's collection of CSV data slices.
- Programming Language Examples -QCEW data slices can be directly accessed from various programming languages. QCEW has made an effort to provide simple examples in several different languages.
All CEW Databases
Special Notices Archive »
Last Modified Date: December 14, 2018
Other BLS Programs
Other Useful Links
For BLS QCEW Survey Respondents
For QCEW Data Users
- Telephone: (202) 691-6567
- E-mail: Contact QCEW
- Written inquiries:
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages
2 Massachusetts Ave., NE
Washington, D.C. 20212
For related data sources
For state-published data
The cooperating State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) have labor market information
offices that publish and disseminate QCEW data for their states.